Monday 30 January 2012

Conversations with pregnant women...

I spoke to a very fit and beautiful Russian woman yesterday,

She told me that she had really wanted a natural birth, but at 42 weeks they insisted they have a Cesarean. Her next baby she also waited until 42 weeks and again was forced to have surgery.

This time she is pre-booked already.

She said, " back home is Russia they just leave the woman be and let her take as long as her body takes, I am very sad, I really, really wanted a natural birth".

She mentioned no measurement of amniotic fluid that was medically indicating that the child needed to be born or any other indication of ill health for mother or baby.

The phrase came to my mind late that day "question Cesarean".

I wonder how often we do?

Nat

http://www.decisivefocus.com/hypnobirthing-calm/

No comments:

Post a Comment