Thursday 29 August 2013

Electoral Vote? Federal vote?... decision making....I am clueless... (Lucky I know about HypnoBirthing!)

I saw a polling booth taking votes today

Being totally clueless about politics and voting I totally freaked out as my brain did a double take and tried to work out whether I had somehow confused the day I needed to vote!

I am pretty sure the federal election is on Saturday. Yes, I am sure.

Next thing I found myself trying to explain voting to my 5 yr old.

And I had to admit to him I have no idea who I want to vote for or anything about the various parties or policies.

To be honest, I think that all the parties are as good as each other. And they would all do a good job long term for the country IF they could stay IN long enough. So I tend to vote for whoever is in, stays in, give them a chance to get it right!

I had to admit to my son that my theory is only a good one due to a complete lack of knowledge.
It’s the old: “You don’t know what you don’t know”

It got me thinking…  many people would be quite disturbed at my approach to politics (you may be nodding right now)

And THAT got me thinking how many people approach birth with the same type of blind decision making.

And THAT got me thinking - how many people approach some other thing (such as circumcising a child or agreeing to a caesarean) with the same total lack of knowledge.

I am happy to admit I am blind and uneducated about my voting choice… (and I am happy to take recommendations for who to vote for! Please leave a comment below and HELP me).

Are YOU willing to admit an area of life where you are blind? Will you spend some time changing that blind spot?

Will you take action to seek advice as I just have?

Best wishes, Natalie
0406 934 645

No comments:

Post a Comment